Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Yum for the Holidaze



I went to my local HEB here in Austin on Saturday and discovered that it was a holiday madhouse. An Xmas youth choir was singing, Elvis was slinking around, and Santa was "Ho-Hoing" somewhere out of sight.

What caught my eye, however, was these two beautiful purchase options. The first is the infamous Tur-Duc-Hen. If you've never had this culinary science experiment you just haven't lived. It's stuffing inside a chicken stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a turkey. No bones, much deliciousness.

The second item is a cake formed in the shape of a turkey, complete with frosting stuffing. The whole thing is made of meringue, which just seems weird, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

1 comment:

Miss Tanya said...

I am disgusted by all. ALL!