Thursday, September 21, 2006

I Like My Food Like I Like My Women: Deep Fried


Let me state my bias up front: I am all for deep fried things. I have tried Twinkies, Oreos, and pickles along with the usual oil crisped products. When I read the caption of this photo from the LA Times, I threw up a little in my mouth.

Let's brush aside the fact that the image is just awesome (looks like the sandwich is being eaten by the chicken) and analyze what is really going on here. This is a deep fried chicken sandwich. No shame there. Swiss cheese? DEE-licious! But it is being served on a Krispy Kreme doughnut. That pushes it over the edge for me. I've tried a Monte Cristo sandwich and was able to eat and enjoy a couple of bites, but this mixing of savory and super sweet is simply beyond me.

I leave it to you to form your own opinion on the matter, but your views may affect my opinion of you in the future. Choose your fried foods wisely.

No comments: